Pakistan

Minor girl Nishwa passes away after wrong medical treatment by Darul Sehat hospital

Karachi: On monday Nine-month-old Nishwa, who had suffered irreparable brain damage and became paralysed after she was administered a drug wrongly by nursing staff of Darul Sehat Hospital, Karachi, last week, passed away.

Nishwa became paralysed due to wrong medical treatment at the hospital on April 14 when an overdose of potassium chloride had affected her brain severely, leaving her nearly brain-dead.

A two-member body was also formed to probe the case of doctors’ neglect.

Three parallel probes had been underway, one each by the Sindh police, the Sindh Health Care Commission (SHCC) and the two-member committee formed by the chief minister to fixe responsibility in the Nashwa case, while Darul Sehat Hospital has already admitted its error, offering to bear all the expenses incurred on the treatment of the ill-fated child.

Related Articles

Close