The Food giant Nestle Pakistan has been booked under Code of Criminal Procedure in Section 154 due to its ‘poisonous’ products that took the life of a one-month baby.
The registration of First Information Report (FIR) has been ordered by the superintendent of Police Lahore Cantt, Shehbaz Elahi on Saturday after Deputy Superintendent Legal sent them the report revealing that a one-month-old Wajeeha died due to the consumption of the Nestle’s formula milk, Lactogen which made her sick and caused death last year.
The FIR was registered after a delay of two days on Monday with the Factory Area police station in which it was alleged by the complainant Usman Bhatti that his daughter died due to consumption of formula milk by Nestle.
The findings of Punjab Forensic Science Agency (PFSA) was cited in the report by the police officers which mentioned that ‘Lambda-Cyhalothrin (pesticide) and Phenytoin were detected in cavity material’ of the body. After this report, the FIR was lodged.
The examination was carried out by PFSA after a magistrate court had allowed the exhumation of the body one-month-old baby.