Numerous worshipers were killed by a terrorist at a mosque in New Zealand on Friday. The Prime Minister Scott Morrison informed that the gunman is found to be a right-wing “terrorist” with Australian citizenship.
The Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison told the press conference that “We stand here and condemn, absolutely the attack that occurred today by an extremist, right-wing, violent terrorist.”
The media reports were confirmed by him that the gunman was an Australian-born citizen who mowed down worshippers in the main mosque on Friday in the southern New Zealand city of Christchurch.
He further added that the security authority of Australia was investigating the connections between the attack and the country but they refuse to share further details about the Australian gunman.
An emotional Morrison provided his sympathies to Kiwis.
He added that “We are not just allies, we are not just partners, and we are family.”
It was added by the police of New Zealand that three men along with a women have been detained by them after the attack on two Christchurch mosques. The police of New Zealand further added that they have not provided their identities.
The Prime Minister of Australia Scott Morrison said on the attacks that “It is such a sad and devastating reminder of the evil that can be ever present about us.”
Many fatalities were imposed at two mosques in the southern New Zealand city of Christchurch on Friday. Fire was opened on worshippers at the same time by at least one gunman due to which, the city was forced into lockdown as massive manhunt was launched by the police of New Zealand.
It was reported by the media of New Zealand that around nine and 27 people were killed but the death tolls of this incident could not be confirmed yet. The New Zealand police said that many fatalities had occurred at two mosques and further added that the number of attackers involved in the incident were not clear.
The police of New Zealand said that four people have been detained by them and they have further secured a number of improvised explosive devices. The Commissioner of New Zealand Police Mike Bush said that “Four are in custody, three of them are men and one is a woman,” adding there were “multiple” and “significant” fatalities.
The Commissioner of New Zealand Police Mike Bush further added that the suspected IEDs were attached to the vehicle of the attackers and they had been made safe by the military.